2021-22 Volunteer Grants
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST MUST BE SUMBMITTED BY 5PM ON APRIL 6, 2021 TO BE CONSIDERED
The 2021 Volunteer Grants provides each of the 151 Federal electorates with $132,450 to fund eligible activities that aim to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering.
The 2021 Volunteer Grants will help support the efforts of volunteers, support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering and encourage, support, and increase participation in volunteering across Maranoa. It is important you outline how your project will benefit your volunteers in your Expression of Interest.
Examples of eligible activities include:
- purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs
- contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- assist with the cost of training courses for volunteers
- undertake background screening checks for volunteers
- conduct activities to promote awareness of, and increase participating in volunteering opportunities
- adapting practices to support volunteers’ safety in the current pandemic environment
Your grant request must be between $1,000 and $5,000.
Projects funded under the 2021 Volunteer Grants must be completed by 31 December 2022.
To be eligible, you must:
- Complete the attached Expression of Interest form
- be a legal entity
- have a minimum of 40% of volunteers working for your organisation
- be a not-for-profit organisation
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be willing to provide a Statement by Supplier Form (reason for not quoting an ABN).
Please refer to the Australian Tax Office website for further information
- have an account with an Australian financial institution in the name of the organisation applying.
For more information, including the grant guidelines, please visit the Community Grants Hub here: https://www.communitygrants.gov.au/grants/volunteer-grants-activity-2021-volunteer-grants
If you have a project that you believe is eligible for funding under the 2021 Volunteer Grants – please complete the attached EOI nomination form and submit this to my office before 5pm on 6th April 2021. Forms should be emailed to David.Littleproud.MP@aph.gov.au